A good user experience design will make visitors stay on your site. A bad one will make them go to someone else's. This class teaches you how to apply simple UX design principles to your site to make it behave in the way that users want and expect.
User experience expert Chris Nodder teaches
- What people want from websites, how they search for information, how they read online, and how to structure your content to take advantage of this research
- How to use graphics to help rather than hinder visitors, how to integrate video, audio, and other media, and when to consider interactive rather than static content
- How to look at your site's homepage, forms, product pages, and content through the eyes of users to build a site that better meets their needs
- How to balance site content with advertising
There are never enough great interfaces in the world. Take this easy introduction to start making wonderful online experiences for your own users.
LinkedIn Learning instructor & User Experience consultant working with lean startups, agile teams & enterprise customers
Chris Nodder is a user researcher, UX fiend, interaction design specialist, and author of Evil by Design.
Chris is a user researcher and interaction design specialist. He is the founder of , an agile user experience company that helps large organizations and lean startups build products that users love. He was previously a director at Nielsen Norman Group and a senior user researcher at Microsoft. He has an M.S. in human computer interaction and a B.S. in psychology.
Chris enjoys spreading the word about user-centered design. Aside from his work coaching Fortune 500 clients, he has presented on user experience topics at conferences all over the world. He writes about agile user experience research and design techniques at and is the author of , a book that describes the persuasive techniques that companies use to draw us in. He encourages you to participate at its accompanying web site, .
- Chris Nodder is a user researcher, UX fiend, interaction design specialist, and author of Evil by Design.
Skills covered in this course
- [Chris] Hi, I'm Chris Nodder. Welcome to Foundations of UX, User Experience Fundamentals. User Experience means making every visitor feel like your website was built just for them. During this course we'll focus on each area of the page in turn, starting with navigation, then onto text and, last of all, we'll look at graphics, media and adverts to help you understand the best way of using each component. Next, we'll put all the elements of the page together and describe best practices for laying out information on different types of pages, like 千亿体育apppages, Forms and Product pages What you will learn in this course will be useful to you whether you are designing anything from a personal Blog site or portfolio, through to an e-commerce website or a company's Intranet. The guidelines on this course are based on psychological principals and lots of research into how people work on websites. That's my background. I've been doing user research for large companies and startups for the last…
Download courses and learn on the go
Watch courses on your mobile device without an internet connection. Download courses using your iOS or Android LinkedIn Learning app.
Watch this course anytime, anywhere. Get started with a free trial today.